Back Pain Specialist Phoenix AZ
Can a Back Pain Specialist Phoenix AZ Trusts Treat My Sciatica?
Do you suffer from sciatica pain? For some people, the pain from sciatica can be an irritation. For others, it can be so debilitating that getting out of bed every morning is difficult. If so, one of a caring back pain specialist from Monte Hessler, DC is here to help you. We will give you a treatment option that is best for your individual needs. Call our Arizona office today to get started on your path to relief before your pain gets any worse!
What is sciatica?
Sciatica is the pain that occurs along your sciatic nerve, stemming from your lower back, traveling down through your hips. The pain can even reach each of your legs. Sciatica usually only affects one side of your body.
Why does sciatica occur? It is typically the result of:
- Bone spurs
- Herniated disks
- Lumbar spine subluxations
- Spinal stenosis
Although not all sciatica pain is extreme, the patient can present with severe burning or sharp pains.
What are your first steps when visiting a chiropractor?
Before a back pain specialist can begin treating your sciatica pain, we must first give you a diagnosis. Because there are many issues that can cause sciatica, your back pain specialist will need to determine what caused it in the first place. In doing so, we will need a complete medical history as well as a neurological and physical exam. The types of exams you could expect might include an MRI, x-ray, or CT scan.
How does a back pain specialist treat for sciatica?
One of the benefits of receiving treatment from a Phoenix AZ back pain specialist is that you do not need to take medication. Instead of using drugs, we will help your body begin to heal itself from the inside. Although there are many therapies that you could receive for your sciatica pain, below is a list of common treatments.
- Spinal Manipulation. Spinal manipulations are used because your range of motion might be limited and you could have restricted movement of the spine. When adjustments happen, you can reduce nerve irritability, pain, inflammation, and muscle spasms.
- Ice/Cold Therapy. Using this form of treatment can help reduce inflammation.
- TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation). This is a portable machine that sends different intensities of electrical currents to your muscles to reduce spasms.
- Ultrasound. This is a small amount of heat that is created by sound waves that are able to penetrate into your tissues, helping stimulate circulation. When this happens, you can reduce swelling, stiffness, and cramping.
What should I do next?
If you are living with sciatica pain, you should not have to deal with your painful symptoms any longer. This can quickly cause your quality of life to deteriorate and make usually enjoyable activities something you dread. Each back pain specialist Phoenix AZpatients recommend from Monte Hessler, DC is dedicated to each of our patients and have treating sciatica pain for more than 20 years. Never feel trapped in a painful body when treatment could be one call away. Don’t hesitate any longer! Call our office today to set up your appointment now.